This is a rarely available period home that is steeped in history and originally built by the crown in 1698 during the William and Mary era. The property retains some wonderful period features and offers good living accommodation over three floors and also has the benefit from being within close proximity of the River Thames and Hampton Court Palace.
Internally there are six bedrooms, five reception rooms, two bathrooms, shower room, dining room, bespoke kitchen and separate utility room. On the lower ground floor which was originally designed for the butler there is separate access at the side of property and also a large wine cellar and boiler room. Outside there is a mature landscaped garden which is ideal for entertaining, plus the benefit of having a walled courtyard at the rear with garage that can be accessed via Johnson’s Drive.
Church Street is a popular tree lined location and this property is well positioned within the road and is ideal for anyone who is looking for a great family home over three floors. Hampton Village offers an array of boutique shops, cafes and a Waitrose food store. Transport links are good, with regular trains into London Waterloo, easy access to the M3 and M25 motorways and regular buses.
Please see history below:
•Classic William and Mary design
•Owned at some point in the 18th century by David Garrick (1717-1779) the Shakespearean actor
•c. 1770 Mrs Ancell (d 1799): Private School First ladies Academy in Middlesex
•1799–1807 Miss Truelove: Private School
•1807 Thomas Holloway (1748-1827) lived here when engraving Raphael cartoons (now in Hampton Court Palace) and other works for the Crown
•1849-1874 James and Charlotte Brooks. Private boarding School built connection the Old Grange adjoining house as corridor now the kitchen. The Old Grange then became the dormitory
•Circa 1942 requisitioned to relocate leather factory. Owners had fled to USA at the outbreak of hostilities
•1946 Returned to private ownership