Advice to Sellers
How to get a fast sale at the right price…
Prepare your property for marketing
- Clear out cupboards, lofts, garages & sheds. Take a trip to the recycling centre or charity shop.
- Perhaps tackle some outstanding DIY jobs but resist refurbishing the whole property; at least until you’ve sought the advice of a reputable Estate Agent.
- Some 'improvements' will have little or no effect on the speed of a sale, or the price achieved.
Deciding which agent to use
- Select a few agents to value your property. Base your choices on tangible facts; recommendation, local presence and affiliation to governing bodies (e.g. NAEA, ARLA & TPO)
- Keep in mind that some Estate Agents will try to secure your business by suggesting an over-inflated asking price. This doesn’t mean you will get more for your property; it’s just a way to win your favour and makes the process more protracted.
- We always practice an open relationship with our clients, right from day one.
Marketing your property
- Chase Buchanan are happy to accompany all viewings on your property. Buyers tend to open up to us and this means we can address any concerns early on.
- We aim to limit the disruption to your everyday life and endeavour to sell most properties in the preliminary stages of marketing.
- We feed back to you what buyers are saying and advise you accordingly.
- We try to concentrate on the quality of viewings, as opposed to the number; so don’t worry if some days are busier than others.
- Consider all offers on their individual merits and try to reach decisions swiftly, as protracted negotiations often fail.
- Listen to your Estate Agent’s advice and be guided by them (not all Agents advise their Clients to take the first offer).
- If a Purchaser makes an offer directly to you, do not make a decision before discussing it with your Agent – you employ them to negotiate on your behalf and this is one of the main areas where they can earn their keep!
The selling process
- As part of accepting an offer we set a preferred timescale and usually recommend that you aim to exchange contracts as soon as possible.
- From exchange, buyers and sellers are legally committed but until then the process can be lengthy and frustrating, so we keep a careful eye on progress and liaise with all parties to eliminate any delays.
- We can also provide you with excellent contacts for finance, conveyancing, surveying, storage and removals.